WHAT ARE THE BEST SKI GOGGLES?
Photochromic, polarised, glare reducing, anti-fogging and great looking, the new Revo ski goggles by Bode Miller tick all the boxes. Ski goggles, ride and tested by STYLE ALTITUDE Backcountry Editor, Ken Reeve...
I love unboxing new stuff! Last week was no exception, the guys at Revo sent me a sample of their latest goggle, the Revo X Bode Miller, to test. I've heard great things about their sunglasses for years now, but never tried the goggles.
Brief history of Revo: NASA Astrophysicist. Dr Mitch Ruda was working on coatings for satellite portholes and came up with the idea of using the same coatings to protect our eyes and Revo eyewear was born! The NASA based technology is part of the new Revo X goggle and is photochromic plus all the usual UV protective and anti-fog elements.
This longstanding independent American eyewear brand recently partnered with Bode Miller, two-time overall World Cup champion and six-time Olympic medalist, to create the Revo x Bode Miller Goggle capsule collection which integrates the brand's industry-creating polarised lens technology that has been adapted for the slopes with photochromic properties. Notable properties of the goggles include:
- Revo's high-contrast polarised Serilium+ lenses: a lightweight, impact-resistant, glare-reducing nylon
- Revo's Light Management System™: Filters harmful UV, HEV and Blue Light while reducing glare and enhancing clarity of digital screens
- Revo's Photochromic Lens Technology: Automatic adjustments made for every light condition encountered on the slopes, ensuring skiers have the best possible view
- Universal Fit: Goggles can integrate with most helmets;
- Rx-Ready: Goggles accept a prescription with a custom insert
- Signature Colours: Mirrored lens colours come in Blue Water and Solar Orange
So, what are they like to wear? In a word, brilliant! The clarity is second to none and the Supernova+ lens makes colours pop with great contrast, the tint is medium, but combined with the photochromic element is good for all lighting conditions, which means no fretting over which pair to pack!
The fit is medium, with wide peripheral vision and comfy on the face, with a non-slip strap they're well anchored to my helmet as well. Out in the backcountry, this winter, I got zero fogging too which is a major plus point in my book.
The semi-frameless design looks cool too! I'll be happily rocking these for the rest of the season.