THE EXTREME BUCKET LIST FOR SKIERS AND SNOWBOARDERS
This is the 13 (let's think 'lucky 13') things to do for all skiers and snowboarders to complete before your knees are shot, your teeth fall out or your heart gives up.
1) Huck it down 2150m of freeride in the legendary back country of La Grave from the top of La Girose glacier right down to the Castillan in the village for a beer.
2) Hike up then huck it down for first tracks in fresh powder. Anywhere. At dawn.
3) Ski, snowboard, huck it somewhere on every continent.
Tick off Antarctica, then huck it in the other six continents
4) Get major air at least once in your life. Hit a kicker, dive onto an airbag, shred pillows – or send it off the ledge of Tortin in Verbier
5) Tick off the longest black run in Europe. Non-stop. Huck it down the Sarenne, the 16K run from Pic Blanc at 3,330m to Alpe d'Huez at 1,860m.
6) Ride where no one has shred before: just suck it up and book a helicopter or huck it with boot power, lots of energy and imagination.
7) Do one of the huckalious descents on the planet. Drop into Corbet’s Couloir, flying pose optional (main image) in Jackson Hole and don’t wear white ski/board pants.
The Huck It Master, Jeremy Jones conquers the Shangri-La spine ridge in the Himalayas
8) Get hucked. Dance on the table in ski boots, drinking Jagerbombs.
9) Ride spring snow on a bluebird day in May, hucking it all the way down to a fjord in the Lyngen Alps.
10) Do a huckfest. Ski or snowboard, surf AND horse trek in Chile – so ride snow, water and grass all on the same day.
11) Count couloirs, huck it down every one of The Fingers in Tignes.
Count The Fingers inTignes
12) Huck it head first, horizontally full-throttle at 125km an hour. Do an Olympic bobsleigh run.
13) Float in Jap Pow, Japan's best powder. And shoot saki for après. Sayōnara huckster.
DISCLAIMER: Do any of the above at your own risk. STYLE ALTITUDE takes no responsibility if your heart stops before you make the end of our Huck It List.